What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a piece of information, generally small in size and identified by a name, which may be transmitted to your browser by a web site to which you connect. Your web browser will store it for a certain period of time, and send it back to the web server each time you reconnect. Cookies have many uses: they can be used to memorize the characteristics of content consulted and shared (name of show, site, etc.) in order to compile statistics or improve site functionality, to offer users advertising tailored to their centers of interest, or to enable them to share content or view multimedia content.
How do I manage my consent to cookies?
With the exception of those necessary for the operation of the Website or, under certain conditions, for audience measurement, cookies may only be placed with your consent. On your first visit to the Website, a banner will inform you of the presence of cookies and invite you to indicate your choice. You can consent to the deposit of cookies or refuse them either globally for the Website or service by service. Cookies requiring your consent in accordance with the applicable regulations are deposited only if you accept them. By default, refusal is assumed and these tracers are not deposited. This consent is valid only for the Website.
At any time thereafter, you may inform yourself and reconsider your choice by clicking on the Manage cookies link at the bottom of each page of the Website, or directly via a contextual request for consent, for example by activating the playback of an external video.
You can also configure your browser so that it notifies you of the presence of cookies and offers you the option of blocking or deactivating these cookies (see "How to configure cookies on web browsers" below). If you decide to deactivate cookies, the functionalities of the Site may be limited and your experience as a user may be impaired.
What are the purposes of the cookies placed on the Website?
Lors de la navigation sur notre Site, différents types de cookies peuvent être déposés :
- Cookies used to measure the Website 's audience: our Website uses the Matomo audience measurement tool, which is strictly necessary for the operation and proper day-to-day administration of the Website. These cookies make it possible to compile statistics relating to the activity of visitors to the Website (e.g. number of visits, number of pages viewed, etc.). The statistics generated are anonymous: they do not contain any personal data (e.g. masked IP address that cannot be traced back to an individual). They are not cross-referenced with other processing or passed on to third parties. These cookies do not require your consent. However, you can deactivate them by clicking on the following link: Deactivate Matomo tracking
- Commercial or advertising cookies: these cookies enable us to analyse your behaviour (interactions and preferences) on our Website and to display advertising that is more relevant to you according to your centres of interest when you visit third party sites or applications. For example, when you consult a service, an article or events on our Website, you may then see advertisements or messages for the service, article or event concerned appear outside our Website. These may include Google search results or Facebook ads, or an email from us reminding you that you still have products in your basket. Advertising cookies are placed on your terminal only when you have given your express consent. They do not directly store personal data, but are based on your browser's unique identification. However, refusing them will not stop advertising on other websites: it will only display advertising that does not take your interests into account.
- Cookies relating to interactive content: these cookies enable us to enhance the user experience and contribute to a better understanding of the information available on the Website. These include, for example, cookies enabling you to obtain answers to the most frequently asked questions via the chatbot, or to display queues in situ.
- Social network cookies: our Website uses the services offered by social networks, which enable you to share the content of our Website with other people, or to let them know what you think of this content: * Share buttons (Facebook, Twitter) * Facebook posts integrated into Website pages (Facebook, Instagram) * Tweets integrated into Website pages (Twitter cards) These functions use third-party cookies placed directly by these services. These cookies are deposited on your terminal only when you have given your consent.
− Video cookies: our Website uses a video-sharing service that enables you to view multimedia content directly on the Website: * Videos broadcast on the Website (Youtube) This functionality uses third-party cookies deposited directly by this service. These cookies are deposited on your terminal only when you have given your consent.
Through the cookies they issue, our partners collect and use your browsing data for their own purposes in order to offer you targeted advertising and content on their platforms based on your browsing history. For more information on the use of your personal data by our partners or to exercise your rights in relation to them, we invite you to consult the confidentiality policies of our partners and to contact them directly by means of these:
|Finalité(s) du cookie
|Politique de confidentialité
|Musée du Luxembourg
|Google Tag Manager
|Statistiques et publicitaires
How long is the data generated by cookies stored?
Cookies subject to consent: cookies deposited by the Musée du Luxembourg, its subcontractors and/or its Partners with your consent, as well as the browsing data collected via these cookies, are kept for a maximum of 6 months from the time they are deposited on your terminal. At the end of this period, your consent is again required and the cookie banner is displayed when you visit our Site again.
Audience measurement cookies exempt from consent: cookies deposited via the Matomo tool are retained for 13 months, and data collected via these tracers for a maximum of 25 months.
How to configure cookies on web browsers?
You also have the option of configuring your browser to accept or reject all cookies, to delete cookies periodically, or to see when a cookie is issued, how long it remains valid, and its content, and to refuse to store it on your hard drive.
You can choose at any time to block or deactivate these cookies by configuring the Internet browser on your computer, tablet or cell phone, in accordance with the instructions provided by your Internet browser provider and listed on the websites mentioned below:
On Internet Explorer Open the "Tools" menu, then select "Internet Options"; click on the "Privacy" tab, then the "Advanced" tab; choose the level you require, or follow the link below: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
On Microsoft Edge : Open the "Tools" menu, then select "Internet Options"; click on the "Privacy" tab, then the "Advanced" tab; choose the desired level, or follow the link below: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
On Mozilla Firefox Open the "Tools" menu, then select "Options"; click on the "Privacy" tab then choose the desired options or follow this link: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
On Safari Mac/Iphone/Ipad Choose "Safari > Preferences" then click on "Security"; In the "Accept cookies" section choose the desired options or follow this link : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265 or https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
On Google Chrome Open the configuration menu (wrench logo), then select "Options"; click on "Advanced options" then in the "Privacy" section, click on "Content settings", and choose the desired options or follow this link : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
On iOs https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac You can also type "cookies" in the "help" section of your browser to access setting instructions. For further information, please consult the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/cnil-direct/question/198>
Creation of an opposition list to the deposit of cookies
Creation of an opposition list to the deposit of cookies To block the collection and use of information about you by advertising companies wishing to offer you advertising based on your interests, you can access the following sites:
- The NAI unsubscribe platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA unsubscribe platform: http://www.youronlinechoices.com
- DDA unsubscribe platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org
For further information on cookies, please consult the website of the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/ and in particular the following pages :